Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Committee Volunteers, AmeriCorps members, volunteers
Job Type: Full Time/ Salary/ Exempt
Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) is responsible for administering the volunteer program for Habitat for Humanity of Craven County (HFHCC). The primary responsibilities include the recruitment, scheduling and coordination of work groups and individual volunteers for the entire affiliate, including New Construction (NC), Neighborhood Revitalization (NR), ReStore (RS) and administrative/ office support (A/O).
- Respond to all individual volunteer inquiries
- Maintain volunteer database and records of volunteer activities, including numbers of teams, volunteers, number of hours worked contact information, etc.
- Manage special volunteer programs such as, Women Build, Collegiate Challenge, Group Builds, Care-A-Vanners, Global Village, A Brush with Kindness, etc.
- Develop and implement strategies for actively soliciting, engaging, and retaining volunteers
- Serve as Host Site Manager for AmeriCorps Teams.
- Meet/communicate with construction staff regularly to schedule volunteers
- Coordinate youth volunteer programs including Campus Chapters, Boys & Girls Clubs, etc.
- Conduct regular volunteer orientation for new volunteers
- Meet and greet volunteers at the job site.
- Conduct regular volunteer appreciation events
- Maintain volunteer job descriptions
- Conduct regular volunteer satisfaction surveys and communicate results.
- Ensure that volunteer liability waivers are signed and filed
- Manage community service volunteers from local jurisdictions
- Compose and distribute press release to local media related to volunteer activities.
- Maintain volunteer policy & procedures.
- Manage/supervise internships and job training placement (when applicable)
- Supervise, monitor, and delegate tasks to volunteers, home owners and other team members as appropriate.
- Notify the appropriate team member, in a timely manner, when team resources are needed for specific jobs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience in volunteer coordination with a non-profit organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Proficient with social media and website management
- Experience in public speaking
- Commitment to Habitat’s Mission, Vision and Principles
- Enthusiastic and focused on team work.
- Effective leadership and engagement skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Outside meetings and presentations, some evenings and weekends required.
- Valid driver license with good driving record
- Occasional travel throughout Craven and Jones Counties and some overnight travel to other cities/states may be required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Please send cover letter and resume to NewHires@cravencountyhabitat.org.