Affiliate Groups and Engagement Opportunities
A dynamic group of Chamber member volunteers who function as the “customer service representatives” of the Chamber. This is a high visibility committee. Our Ambassadors really connect with our members! For more information, contact Kevin Roberts or Teresa Suhrie at 252-637-3111
The Downtown Business Council is committed to creating a vibrant, diverse, and economically sustainable downtown. They are the primary advocates for Downtown Businesses, working in unison with Visit New Bern in creating a friendly destination for visitors, as well as for the people who live in New Bern and the outlying areas. For more information, contact Kevin Roberts at 252-637-3111
Leadership Craven is designed to bring together a diverse group of potential community leaders and to provide a forum of shared viewpoints on the future needs of Craven County. This is a nine-month program, and a new class is chosen each year. There is an application process and tuition fee of $650. For more information, contact Teresa Suhrie at 252-637-3111
The New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce maintains an active role in supporting the men, women and missions of those involved at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point and Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune through the New Bern Military Alliance There is a $175 fee to serve on this committee and you must be a member of the New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce. For more information, contact Kevin Roberts at 252-637-3111
The New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce provides a supportive venue for area human services and nonprofits through the Nonprofit Council. You can make a difference! “Helping Other People Every day” For more information, contact Susan Milliron at 252-637-3111
- The Young Professionals of Craven County is an initiative aimed at creating a meaningful networking organization of dedicated, talented young professionals ranging in age from 21 to 45 years of age. This dynamic program brings professionals together through socials, member only events, volunteer opportunities and fundraising.
- The annual membership fee to participate in Young Professionals of Craven County is $75.
- For more information to join or renew, visit our website: https://www.nbyoungprofessionals.org/
The New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the year that offer a fantastic way to expand your networking efforts. Consider signing up to help at one of the name events, join a committee or even be one of our Front Desk Greeters. For more information contact Teresa Suhrie at 252-637-3111
- Business After Hours (Every 3rd Thursday at 5:30 p.m.)
- Business Before Hours (Every 4th Tuesday at 7:30 a.m.)
- Midday Mingle (Every 2nd Wednesday at 12 noon)
- Ribbon Cuttings/Grand Openings/Re-Opening events
- Seminars/Workshops/Major Events
For more information contact Teresa Suhrie at 252-637-3111
Ready to find out more?
Join the chamber today and get involved!